Стислий огляд подій

Two more people hospitalised in Lviv due to carbon monoxide poisoning

The day before, carbon monoxide poisoning occurred in an apartment on Karaimska Street (Shevchenkivskyi district). This was reported by the Department of Emergency Situations, Civil Protection and Territorial Defence of the Lviv City Council.

A 30-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman were poisoned by carbon monoxide. They were taken to the regional clinical hospital in moderate condition. Experts also suspended the gas supply to the apartment.

In total, since the beginning of 2024, 11 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning have been recorded in the city, affecting 33 people, including 11 children. The reasons for these poisonings were non-compliance with the rules for using gas appliances in the home, and drafts through sealed windows and electric hoods.

Experts once again emphasise that the main requirement for avoiding disaster is the inflow of fresh air into the room where there are heating devices – through a window, door and ventilation duct, which must be constantly cleaned and have adequate draft to allow exhaust gases to escape into the atmosphere. Where appliances are installed that discharge combustion gases into a chimney, such as gas stoves or columns, the chimney must also be kept clean. Under no circumstances should there be electric fans in such rooms. If one of these rules is not observed, carbon monoxide begins to form in the room.


Carbon monoxide is explosive, and the slightest violation of the rules can lead to tragedy – explosion, fire, destruction and poisoning. In all accidents involving the use of gas (explosion, fire, poisoning), call one of the city services: ambulance – 103, fire – 101, gas – 104, police – 102. Any of these services will inform the others and they will arrive at the scene.

Голос Сокальщини на GoogleNews