The organ hall does not stop giving music even on the hottest days. Famous artists, young performers, brilliant composers, masterpieces of classical music – this year July will be in the Lviv Organ Hall.
In July, many guests from all over Ukraine will come to the Organ Hall. Kharkiv native Stanislav Kalinin, soloist of the Kharkiv Regional Philharmonic, who was in the city during the constant shelling, will give two solo concerts in Lviv. On July 14 and 15, we will hear the works of composers Johann Sebastian Bach and Julius Reubke. “This is the music of despair and resistance. It resonates with the events in which Ukraine is living today,” the organist says about his program.
Soloists of the National House of Organ and Chamber Music in Kyiv are also expected to visit:
• On July 1 and 2, the month will be opened by Maksym Sydorenko, Honored Artist of Ukraine, who will present the listeners with a session of Baroque music in the music of the German Johann Sebastian Bach and master Italians: Antonio Vivaldi, Girolamo Frescobaldi, Tommaso Albinoni.
• On July 7 and 8, Honored Artist of Ukraine Valeriya Balakhovska will introduce Organny visitors to interesting musical genres – chacones and pasacalias by world and Ukrainian composers.
• On July 20 and 21, Volodymyr Koshuba, People’s Artist of Ukraine, invites you to travel the world. The trip is conditional, but no less exciting. We will hear the music of the new and old world, get to know interesting composers and their works. Join in!
On July 23 and 24, Yulia Yurchak, a graduate of the Lviv Organ Residence in 2021, soloist-organist of the Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Odesa invites you to two concerts of “Evening Music”. Yuliya is a young and versatile person, which is why she chose a diverse program. From works of world classics to famous Ukrainian composers.
On July 3, at 5:00 p.m., the choir, chamber orchestra and soloists of the State Honored Academic Chapel of Ukraine “Trembita” will perform the “Evening Prayer” in the Lviv Organ Hall. This is music about deep emotions and spirituality, about a person and his experiences. The program includes works by foreign and Ukrainian composers. The concertmaster of the orchestra is Marta Bura, the conductor is Serhii Yakobchuk.
On July 9, at 5:00 p.m., the piano duo Dovhan&Zubko Piano Duo (Natalia Zubko, Petro Dovhan – piano) invites you to listen to the music of the peoples of the world. But this is not ordinary music, but dance music; and the duet is not simple, because two musicians share one instrument. An exclusive program, as it contains as many as four premieres in one concert: three works by Ukrainian composers Stanislav Ludkevich and Zoltan Almasha, as well as a cycle by French composer Mel Bonis.
On July 31 at 5:00 p.m., the music of the Argentinian composer Astor Piazzola will be played on the chamber stage in the Lviv Organ Hall. The duo of Ivan Ostapovich (piano) and Bohdan Andriychuk (accordion) will present an hour of emotional and sensual tango from the famous composer.
The stage of the Organ Hall is always full of young talents. On July 2, at 5:00 p.m., students of the famous pianist, People’s Artist of Ukraine Oksana Rapita will give their report concert. Students: Roksolana Kit, Nadiya Yavna, Oksana Stechyshyn, Anastasia Zakharchenko, Roman Shutko, Serhii Pavliv will present to the public a program of works by Ukrainian composers of the 20th century.
Students of the organ class, Nadia Velychko, Vitaly Dvorovy and Serhii Pavliv, successfully perform concerts. The musicians prepared their own program for their solo concerts:
• On July 10, 24 and 28, Vitaly Dvorovy invites you to the concert “Bach. Brahms. Bizet”. The highlight of the evening will be the performance of a bright concert fantasy on themes from Georges Bizet’s opera “Carmen”.
• On July 3, 17, 19, 27, Serhii Pavliv will perform works by Bach, Pachelbel, Wagner, as well as Ukrainian artists Dmytro Bortnyanskyi, Mykhailo Shukh, Vyacheslav Nazarov at his organ recital.
A graduate of the organ residency in 2021, Mark Novakovich will have 3 concerts this month. On July 9 and 10, the favorite program “Bach. Bukstegude”. And on July 31, we are waiting for a novelty from the young organist – the concert “Bach and French music”.
Not a month goes by without concerts by soloists of the Lviv Organ Hall. In July, we will have the opportunity to attend the following events:
• On July 13 and 16, the beloved duet of Svitlana Pozdnysheva (organ) and Adrian Bodnar (violin) will play Vivaldi’s music “Seasons”. The amazing sound of the instruments, skillful performance of the musicians and genius of the composer is the best combination.
• Svitlana Pozdnysheva will also play solo concerts on the organ. On July 24, we will plunge into the world of fairy tales of Egypt, Persia and Arabia thanks to the magical suites of Roy Spaulding Stoughton. On July 30 and 31, we will analyze the phenomenon of Johann Sebastian Bach into molecules and try to recognize his code in the music of his predecessors and imitators, at the “Bach Code” concert.
• Organist Olena Matselyukh is preparing the following concert programs for listeners: on July 3 and 16, the new program “Romantic Organ Music”. The unique atmosphere of France; July 10 and 17 “Music of Bach”. The best way to get acquainted with the organ, or with the work of a great composer; On July 12, discover the world in which you live