Traffic accidents involving electric scooters often occur on the streets of Lviv due to the neglect of traffic regulations.
In order to minimize such cases, LKP “Municipalna Varta” recalls the simple rules for using this vehicle.
You should know that:
- people aged 14 and over have the right to use it. Children from 7 to 14 years old will be able to use this transport only when accompanied by their parents;
- movement on sidewalks, where there are many passers-by, is allowed with a limited speed of up to 5 km/h, on roadsides – up to 20 km/h;
- movement on bike paths and residential areas is allowed at a speed of 20 km/h;
- movement on sidewalks where there are no people and in parks, in the absence of a bicycle path, is allowed at a speed of 10 km/h.
At the same time, users of electric scooters are prohibited from:
- drive a technically defective vehicle or with the headlights turned off in the dark;
- to move on roads for cars and tram tracks;
- to move on bicycle and pedestrian paths with one-way traffic in the opposite direction;
- transport passengers;
- drive an electric scooter while under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxication or drugs;
- hold on to another vehicle while driving;
- use phones while driving;
- park on pedestrian crossings, ramps, public transport stops, on bike paths and narrow sidewalks, as well as in front of the entrance/exit of the premises.
“Follow the rules of the road to stay safe during the trip,” emphasizes LKP “Municipal Varta”.